HMK® S234 is a special impregnator for all natural and artificial stone, agglomerates and terrazzo. S234 reduces the penetration of water, dirt, oil and grease on all finishes, including polished surfaces. Surfaces treated with S234 remain vapour permeable and will have little to no aesthetic enhancement.
Clean surface thoroughly before treatment using HMK® R155 Intensive Cleaner (diluted) followed by a flood rinse with water and allow at least 24 hours to dry (max residual moisture of 2-4%) before sealing. If under floor heating exists, switch it off and allow the surface to cool to room temperature.
Apply HMK® S234 generously and evenly to a chemically clean and dry surface with a natural bristle paint brush. Two saturating, wet-on-wet applications are usually sufficient depending on porosity of the stone. Thoroughly remove excess product before drying on the surface. For more absorbent surfaces additional applications may be required. Subsequent applications may be done within fifteen minutes of the initial application, but it is best to wait 24 hours between applications to best determine saturation level. Smears or imperfections left after the application process can be removed using a soft clean cloth moistened with S234 or pure mineral spirits and buffing. It is possible to use HMK® S234 in an airless sprayer for use on vertical surfaces.
Do not walk on the treated surface until 2-4 hours after treatment is completed. Resistance to oil and water is developed over 48 hours. Protect surface from rain and humidity for 12 hours. Do not apply to rubber, plastics, lacquered or varnished surfaces and solvent intolerant materials. Remove all foodstuffs from the area to be treated before work is commenced. Once dry the residual material is not harmful to health. For regular cleaning and continued protection use HMK® P324 Liquid Stone Soap.
Chemical product. Contains turpentine substitute. Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Harmful or fatal if swallowed or inhaled. Ensure the area to be treated is adequately ventilated. Avoid eye/skin contact. If exposed wash/flush with water and seek medical attention immediately. Keep out of the reach of children. Do not use the product in temperatures below 10 and above 27°C.
Always test the product in an inconspicuous area to evaluate suitability, coverage and performance. Store in a cool place and keep lid tightly closed.